FUN and FREE STUFF EVERYWHERE! A greta event for students to go and decide what they want to do that night! There were all sorts of things like, bull riding, cotton candy, trivia, balloon animals, and henna tattoos. Lots of conversations were had about why each person chose the balloon animals they did and it was a great way to get to know more people!
Fake Porter dollars, gambling, and Craps! Lots of Yummy snacks too!
Last night the Ladies of Wilgus had the opportunity to hear from speaker Lamarr Womble. For the ladies who couldn’t attend the following will be highlights of his speech and the great information to take away from him.
- When you give people opportunities, they can learn from those and this is the beginning of all dreams.
- College isn’t meant to fill “your pail” but to light a fire instead.
- Ever been told you can’t do what you love? Well if you don’t accept that, it won’t come true and you can push yourself to do whatever you desire in life.
- The degree you earn cant define all your passions in life and is only the start of what you will/can do with your life and your passions.
The main take away from this speaker was to not loose your passion in life and don’t let others define what your passion is and how far it can take you. Strive for what you want and do what makes you feel fulfilled in this life.
Want more information? Click on this link. PassionForLeadership
Got lots of goodies at Bridge Fest and a lot of information on local businesses! Huge thanks to Autumn for taking a picture with me!
For all the ladies who missed out on the great opportunity to see Monti Washington yesterday speak, I wanted to make sure that you all at least get the opportunity to know the main focuses of his speech. I found this United We Stand speaker to be one of the best ones the campus has had yet and everything he had to say was valuable.
1. Be Confident
2. Be tru, be you
3. FLY: First Love Yourself
4. Tell yourself everyday, that you are the sh*t
Monti Washington came from the streets to the stage and made his life what it is today. Here are some links to his pages to learn more about him and his process for you to do well in life and school. I encourage you all to look at the links and watch the videos.